The garage business known as Hillcrest Service, actually began in 1932. By the time Don Gilmore had taken over operations in 1966 our current address of 1065 Huron Street, New Hamburg, had seen the inclusion of a lunch counter, fuelling station and auto body repair.
A license for vehicle sales was obtained in 1967 and a tow truck built in 1970.
In 1973 the business gained a new partner when Don married his wife Carol. Since then, collision repair and the sale of gas were discontinued while focusing on the growth of auto sales and roadside assistance.
Now in it's second generation, Mike succeeded ownership in 2006 rebuilding the garage allowing for the re-introduction of general repairs and maintenance. Mike along with his wife Darolyn remain committed to the principles practised by Don and Carol throughout their history in business; good old fashioned service and honest dealings.
We are immensely proud of the relationships formed with our many loyal customers. Success now and in the future relies on the satisfaction and referrals of those friends.
All of the staff at Hillcrest believe in the same goals and core values. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and business throughout the next 45 years.